The MRI Technologist will be responsible for the operation of the MRI equipment (GE 3T Scanner) to ensure the production of accurate, quality images whilst also ensuring optimal patient safety standards are adhered to. The technologist will work in 3T Cayman’s outpatient environment which is located within the Cayman Islands Hospital.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares facilities in accordance with procedural requirements; calibrates equipment as required by the institution.
• Communicate with the patient in a manner appropriate to the patient’s ability to understand.
• Respond to patient questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and process; has patient sign waiver if necessary.
• Evaluate any contraindications, insufficient patient preparation, and the patient’s inability or unwillingness to tolerate the examination and associated procedures.
• Work with the appropriate staff to ensure quality patient care.
• Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
• Prepares and positions patient for procedures as appropriate; assists patients at end of procedure.
• Apply independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely perform diagnostic procedures.
• Monitors the patient’s physical condition and ensure their comfort during the procedure; report patient change of status or emergency situations to clinical staff, supervisor and/or Radiologist.
• Assume responsibility for the safety of the patient during the examination.
• Determines if the procedure was sufficient, or if additional imaging procedures are needed; consult with Radiologist as necessary.
• Operate the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
• Provides images, data analysis, and patient information to the physician for diagnostic interpretation.
• Completes all documentation, including computerized documentation.
• Maintains stock supplies and assists administrators in determining quantities for purchase.
• Performs general office duties such as delivering and retrieving film, recording procedure codes for billing purposes, typing forms, and scheduling patients.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
• Monitors flow and productivity in the department and has the capabilities to recommend improved processes.
• Responsible for performing tasks that are within the scope of his/her educational preparation, knowledge, and permitted by the policies and procedures of 3T Cayman, and other local guidelines; and the policies of the facility requesting the services.
• Assume responsibility for the preventive maintenance program for MRI equipment.
• Perform quality control procedures to ensure that the MRI equipment operates at optimal levels.
• Carry out Quality Assurance protocols and Quality Improvement measures within the facility.
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, administrators, and members of the health care team.
• Foster a collaborative atmosphere with other members of the healthcare team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Education: Must possess certification by a qualified credentialing organization such as ARRT.
• Registration and Qualification: Applicants must be fully registered as a Health Practitioner in Australia, Canada, Jamaica, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, or United States of America and hold a valid qualification certificate in Radiologic Technology.
• Training and experience: Skilled professional with a solid foundation in MRI technology, procedures, scanners and safety with at least 3 years’ experience relating to MRA, breast, and prostrate imaging.
• Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
• Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
• Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional. • Adhere to accepted professional and ethical standards.
• Provide patient services consistent with the scope of practice and clinical standards for the Radiology Technologist.
• Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed. • Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
• Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
• Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
• Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
• Health Requirements: In good health and able to work without restrictions as evidenced by a health statement.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning (e.g., continuing medical education in the specialty area(s) performed, higher education, research, staff training, etc.)
Internal Number: 001
About 3T Cayman
3T Cayman provides high-quality diagnostic imaging services utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and technology. We operate as an imaging resource in conjunction with public and private hospitals as well as private practice physicians in the Cayman Islands.?