PRIMARY PURPOSE: Following our safety guidelines, working within our company best practice standards and living our company values and culture, as a NY licensed radiologic technologist, you will be responsible for all radiological services as well as other clinical services, while working in conjunction with providers, clinical and office staff.
Medical Assistant/ Patient Care Coordinator
70% of time
1. Perform clinical duties such as assessing, screening the patient; taking patient vitals and patient history; and assisting the provider.
2. Retrieve laboratory and ancillary test results from the computer, email or fax reports.
4. Assist on procedures including the setup and processing of equipment.
5. Scribe for the physician, as needed
6. Perform vitals, specimen collections, health assessments and follow-up for patients/customers.
20% of time
1. Prepare patients for radiological procedures.
2. Perform various x-ray exams in accordance with established standard procedures while practicing radiation safety precautions.
3. Prepare and send over-reads as well as reporting over-read results to our providers.
4. Retrieve and archive radiographic reports.
5. Maintain radiology equipment in good working order.
10% of time
1. Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
2. Discharge patients from room with instructions.
3. Ensure patient flow is speedy and organized.
4. Assist with overall improvement and expansion of ModernMD’s brand and organizational growth.
5. Provide excellent customer service to ModernMD’s patients.
Graduate of a Radiologic Technology program (Recent graduates are welcomed to apply).
Ability to work effectively with multiple managers and key stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
An effective independent worker, with the ability to also work with and through others.
Excellent execution in an autonomous and sometimes ambiguous environment.
Professional demeanor and proven ability to deliver results on deadline-driven projects.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills; the ability to interact effectively in person and in writing with people of various professional and cultural backgrounds; prior exposure to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment desirable.
Strong attention to detail, while maintaining a high level of organization
Ability to work in a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
High level of professionalism, especially in maintaining discretion in confidential situations.
Frequent travel (within Brooklyn and Manhattan) which may require walking distances, lifting and carrying luggage and boxes (>25bs).
Frequent bending, pulling, lifting or moving patients in excess of 100lbs with or without the use of assistive devices.
Constant computer work which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the positions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
ModernMD maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
Internal Number: 1
About ModernMD Urgent Care
ModernMD Urgent Care creates exceptional patient experiences by delivering high-quality, fast, and affordable medical care to people of all ages, no appointments necessary. Our goal is to re-define the health delivery system in the communities we serve by focusing on the patient, accessibility, and outcomes.