Operate radiographic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray films as directed by Physicians and perform routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
* Registers patient in EMR and can function in the iSparrow EMR environment.
* Prepare patient and adjust equipment for taking x-rays. Position and instruct patient regarding procedures. Take x-ray images of specified body parts as ordered, following established procedures.
* Use immobilization devices in accordance with standard practice. Lead protective devices to protect parts of the body not in the central ray and to reduce exposure to radiation. Automatic radiation shielding (collimators) at all times.
* Observe sterile technique and universal precautions when applicable.
* Process films and use proper identification techniques so as to assure proper labeling. Log patient technical factors and pertinent information in RIS.
* Maintain established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control.
* Assist in care and maintenance of facilities, equipment, and supplies. Keep work areas clean.
* Attend in-service meetings and other meetings as required
* Assit in registration/clerical duties as appropriate
General Requirements Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is required
Work Experience 12 months recent (past 5 years) Rad Tech experience Enhance professional growth through educational programs, conferences, workshops, etc. Urgent Care rad tech experience preferred
Education Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology Graduate of an accredited program in radiologic technology
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Demonstrate positioning skills Knowledge of radiation protection as assembled in ALARA Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in his/her assigned service area as related to the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training and/or experience. Able to work in all Sparrow Urgent Cares Able to work in an EMR environment Experience with an EMR
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/69478130