Responsible for daily treatment on patients with ionizing radiation under the direction of the radiation oncologist. Work with the radiation oncologist and physic personnel in performing simulation/treatment(calculations).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for daily warm-up/Quality Assurance of the treatment machine and C.T. simulator.
2. Provides education and information to patient(s) and family member(s) as to all the processes involved in the
planning and delivery of radiation treatment, to help overcome fears and myths regarding treatment.
3. Ensures that accurate and all relevant data is passed on to the therapist(s)/radiation oncologist/physics that are to carry out dose calculation of the treatment.
4. Ensures that standard treatment protocols are followed in the process.
5. Ensure that all processes are signed off by the radiation oncologist e.g. Isodose Plans/Calculations, Laboratory and Radiology results, Dictations e.g. OTV, consult, end of treatment, interval notes, etc.