The Mammography Technologist PRN performs Screening and Diagnostic Breast Imaging in accordance with protocol under the general direction of a Radiologist. The Mammography Technologist PRN prepares patients, processes images and assists physicians as needed.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
1. Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition and ensures that it is properly supplied for procedures
2. Checks equipment and accessories to ensure proper working order and notifies appropriate personnel for repairs
3. Responds to inquires/calls regarding procedures in a timely manner
4. Communicates problems on shift with equipment or pending exams with appropriate staff
5. Participates in a learning experience with new employees and students
6. Assists with scheduling and coordinating exams as appropriate to ensure smooth workflow
7. Attends departmental and facility meetings/classes as necessary
8. Completes required courses/modules in a timely manner
9. Performs pertinent duties in the best interest of patients, personnel and the facility as assigned
10. Adheres to department time, attendance and tardiness guidelines and wears employee ID and follow dress code policy
11. Performs quality control on assigned equipment, in compliance with FDA/MQSA testing and State of Texas regulations as assigned
1. Verifies patient's identification using a minimum of two forms of ID
2. Communicates with patient clearly and in a professional manner
4. Evaluates patient's history and symptoms for the procedures clinical criteria
5. Assists patient in dressing for exam and attends to patient's physical well-being while transporting to and from exam room and table, and positioning for exam
6. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patient's family (as appropriate) regarding the tests to be performed and assesses the patient's ability to tolerate exam
7. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge, continued education and skills to provide appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): young adult, adult and geriatric
1. Performs 2D and 3D screening and diagnostic mammograms according to established departmental policies
2. Responsible to complete required QC/QA tests as required by MSQA; verifies the requisition/chart for priority, date, ordering comments, physician's notes, precautions and patient consent forms
3. Computes and selects proper technical factors based on patient size, physical condition and suspected pathology
4. Positions patient properly
5. Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy and physiology in order to sufficiently pinpoint area for procedures
6. Performs high quality mammography examinations according to exam protocol in a timely manner
7. Assists the physician as needed in performing additional imaging
8. Ensures that images and records are properly completed with patient identification data and appropriate labeling
9. Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform procedures accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria
10. Completes exam charges and image documentation and forwards to radiologist in a timely manner
The ideal candidate for the Mammography Technologist PRN role is able to perform high quality mammography procedures according to exam protocol in a timely manner; has the ability to explain the procedure and put patients at ease; demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric; has the ability to perform tasks independently; is able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve issues.
Location/Facility - Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center-Waco, Texas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent and Graduate of an Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology
ARRT-Mammography and ARRT-Radiography Certification
Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) Certification
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Internal Number: 18008331
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!