The Ultrasound Technologist PRN, under general supervision of a Radiologist, performs ultrasound procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic, and hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Performs high quality ultrasound procedures, according to exam protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and quality of imaging procedures by following established standards and procedures.
2. Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and others. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patient's family regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability to tolerate exam.
3. Prepares patient or area for ultrasound procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
4. Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing invasive ultrasound procedures and maintains hand hygiene requirements.
5. Assists in maintaining supplies inventory; anticipates needs, request orders and verifies receipt.
6. Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports issues to management or appropriate department.
7. Ensures individuals are safe to enter the ultrasound suite and ultrasound department by screening them according to policies and procedures approved by the department.
8. Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and shielding precautions taken, consent forms, etc.
9. Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and according to department policies and standards for interpretation in a timely manner.
10. Works as Charge Tech, when required, and applies teamwork as a key component to achieving departmental and individual success.
11. Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards and records for applicable governmental, regulatory and accrediting organizations by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH and ACR.
12. Participates with management on quality assurance/control programs to ensure quality exams are performed equipment is tested and maintained and department performance monitors are met.
13. Acts as a Preceptor by providing training to new team members and on new services and initiatives.
The ideal candidate has the ability to explain the procedure and put patients at ease; has the ability to demonstrate and maintain current knowledge, continued education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric; able to perform tasks independently; excellent customer service skills; able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve issues; and has the ability to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new team members and on new services and initiatives.
Location/Facility - Baylor Scott & White - North Texas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
* Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
Graduate of an accredited program or Equivalent
No minimum experience required
Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers ARRT-Breast Sonography (BS) or ARRT-Sonography or Musculoskeleta Sonography - MSK or Reg Diag med Sono-Abdomen (AB) or Reg Diag Med Sono-Breast (BR) or Reg Diag Med Sono-OB/GYN (OB) or Registered Vascular Tech (RVT)
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Internal Number: 18007526
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!