Clinical Medical Physicist Opportunity in Peoria, IL
July 19, 2018
Career Positions - Experienced
• Reporting to the Chief Medical Physicist, the Clinical Medical Physicist is responsible for performing testing and calibration of radiotherapy delivery systems in accordance with established protocols and state and federal regulations.
• Develops and assesses treatment plans for external beam radiotherapy including 3DCRT, IMRT, VMAT, SRS/SBRT and brachytherapy.
• Calibrates, prepares, handles, surveys, and disposes of radioactive materials in accordance with radiation safety policies and state/federal regulations.
• Provides assistance to personnel in matters of radiation safety and radiotherapy treatment delivery.
• Maintains knowledge of current standards in radiotherapy technology, methods and techniques, and regulations.
• May provide instruction to other staff members in topics related to radiotherapy and radiation safety.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
• The job incumbent is required to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the unit.
• This requires that the incumbent demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development as well as the physical, emotional and psycho-social needs of the patient population served.
• Knowledge of radiation physics, mathematics, statistics, biology, etc., radiotherapy technology and the ability to assess and calibrate radiation therapy equipment at a level normally acquired through a Master's degree in Medical Radiation Physics.
• Incumbent must have graduated from an accredited program in Medical Physics and have completed a two year residency in Medical Physics with an emphasis in Radiation Therapy.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to provide formal classroom instruction, speak at professional meetings and interface with all levels of Medical Center personnel.
About OSF HealthCare
Mission: In the spirit of Christ and the example of Francis of Assisi, the Mission of OSF HealthCare is to serve persons with the greatest care and love in a community that celebrates the Gift of Life.
Vision: Embracing God's great gift of life, we are one OSF Ministry transforming health care to improve the lives of those we serve.
Ranked as a Truven Top 20 Health Care System
More than 1200 employed primary and specialty care physicians and advanced practice providers.
Nearly 21,000 employees in 126 locations, including 13 hospitals, 11 Centers for Health, and 15 OSF PromptCares throughout Illinois and Michigan.
Ranked number 46 on Forbes and top one in Illinois.
Benefits include generous PTO/sick time, 401K matching, and medical/dental/vision insurance.