To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These valuesâ”integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassionâ”must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produces quality MR images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Promotes service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Key Behaviors in the YNHH Core Success Factors. In order to meet staffing needs of the department, staff may be occasionally assigned to any of the GH diagnostic radiology locations regardless of regularly assigned work location. This job description and requirements for this position have been approved by the medical chairman for the department of diagnostic imaging a well as the executive committee of the medical staff.
1. Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex diagnostic imaging equipment. Efficiently follows routine protocols, demonstrates independent judgment and has minimal downtime.
1.1 Uses technical skill and knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy to perform MR exams using appropriate imaging protocols, independently and efficiently.
2. Actively participates in workflow activities in order to ensure the goals of the department are met and runs efficiently
2.1 Assists schedulers, physicians, nursing and other appropriate staff with scheduling, obtaining requisitions or pre-authorization, patient preparation instructions, and other exam-related communications.
3. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure cooperation, safety and satisfaction. Demonstrates accuracy on safety screening and continues to promote our pledge for service excellence.
3.1 Thoroughly explains various procedures to the patient and offer emotional support.
4. Performs various record keeping, customer service functions to ensure exam charges are properly billed and communicates feedback.
4.1 Consistently selects the correct patient from the worklist.
5. Educational activities - Participates in various teaching, learning, and research opportunities in order to further professional knowledge and expertise or to assist in expanding knowledge of others.
5.1 Is receptive to teaching newly -hired technologist as observed by supervisor or input from staff.
6. Customer Service - To enhance the patient experience in Diagnostic Radiology, all staff will be responsible to achieve patient satisfaction scores set by the department on the Test & Treatment section of our Press Ganey Survey.
6.1 Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manner. Staff will identify themselves and their roll while encouraging a Patient and Family Center experience.
Allied Technology, Life Services or equivalent Associates Degree preferred, but not required. Has current ARRT with advanced MRI certification. CT State radiography license preferred, but not required.
Minimum one (1) year experience in MRI. Experience with MRI breast imaging.
ARRT required and Connecticut State radiography license preferred.
Able to enter a magnetic field without risk to self or others. Working in a normal clinical Radiology environment to include all procedures and exams in a hospital setting as well as being proficient in synapse technology. Six months (trial period).
May be exposed to infectious diseases, or hazardous material. Average clinical radiology setting. Standing and walking most of the day. Working with medium weight equipment with occasional lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy objects. Must have the ability to hear and observe all the surroundings of the department and have manual dexterity. Assisting in lifting of patient with physical problems.